Tuesday, March 15, 2011

staff ministry rocks!

Can I just say that the staff here at Trinity is awesome?  I'm not just saying that because I'm on board...I'm saying it  because it's true.  God has called a diverse and gifted group of people to serve the people of Trinity.  On any given day, you can walk into the building and hear shouting....because sometimes that's the way we communicate between offices and down the hall, you will definitely hear laughter, and you will hear God at work as we pray, write, talk, email, and support each other's God given gifts. 

I see God each and every time I come into this place...through the smiles, laughter, challenges and joys...our thoughts and ideas are heard by one another and we encourage one another.  Working together also allows us to see all sorts of different angles that we may not have seen on our own.  In my case, I'm helped when people catch all my awesome typos...

But seriously, our presence to one another helps me remember that we are called together to help proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ to our neighbors.  All that we do in this place is to the glory of God...we are a part of God's mission that is happening here and now...and God is up to some pretty amazing things....I'm just thankful I'm part of the mission. 

Every day I give thanks for my colleagues....for the oppportunity to do ministry together...for the love and support I feel from each of them...it's amazing...I've been here almost two months...but it feels much longer becuase of our interactions and our ability to work so well together. 

Thanks to the people of Trinity for calling me to serve here, for the supportive leadership in this place, and for the excitement and energy to continue as we journey through Lent to the promise and celebration of the resurrection of Jesus on Easter.  

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment