Wednesday, March 30, 2011

in community.

I am so thankful for the community, the family here at Trinity. 

I was talking with a friend of mine the other day, giving thanks to God for her, for the times she has helped me find strength.  She said, "Have you forgotten!?!?!?  You moved from Indiana to Pennsylvania!?!?!?  Hello!  You had strength to do that!" 

I don't think I have reflected much upon the huge move that happened.  Yes, difficult goodbyes, a super long drive...lots of boxes to pack, and now unpack....and a new congregation, a new call, a new home, a new community.  On those lists of 'stressors' in our lives...in the last three months I have been through 3 or 4 of them...not that those stressors are bad, but they are big things that have big impacts on our emotions, our health and our well being.  But something that I hadn't put into words is that I came into a caring, loving, and welcoming community of about 1,400 people!  That's lots of prayers and preparation in welcoming me (& Marley).  It was a HUGE God moment for me to realize the community that prepared for my coming, who welcomed me when I got here and that is still caring for me and praying for me and the work God has in store for us as a sisters and brothers in Christ. 

I am thankful, too, for the small groups I've had the opportunity to visit with and to share with...there are these small groups loving, praying for and supporting one another, building deeper relationships within this larger faith community...there are ways to connect with all sorts of people in all sorts of ways here...and that has been so helpful and life giving though my transition. 

I've only been here for a little over 2 months.  It seems so much longer than that.  And not in a bad way, but in a way that I feel comfortable and energized each day.  Relationships are building, God's grace moments are being seen in all sorts of situations, and the good news of Jesus Christ is being seen and shared throughout the community. 

May God continue to bless our time and ministry together. 

+paz

No comments:

Post a Comment