Saturday, March 12, 2011

fellowship...

So God was definitely present in worship this evening...in the singing of the hymns, in the passing of the peace, in the conversations before and after worship. 

Worship, for me, is enhanced when more people are there.  I'm not just saying that because I'm a pastor and I would like everyone to come to church, but I'm saying that because people who are there, who are in worship...are the hearts and hands of God to me (and the others gathered there) in that time and place. 

Hearing prayers spoken and hymns sung together reminds me that I am not alone.  Seeing familiar faces, receiving hugs with smiles and even tears, is the presence of God in the world here and now...the breaking of the bread, the sharing of the cup...all of this is God with us, here and now.  Our time together strengthens us for God's mission in the world around us. 

In this season of repentance, of turning away from ourselves and turning towards God, I pray that people are drawn into worship...whether on a Saturday night, a Sunday morning or a Wednesday evening....the community is enhanced by your presence...so come.

+God's peace

No comments:

Post a Comment