Tuesday, January 21, 2014

won't see this on the scale...

The alarm went off this morning and I did NOT want to go to boot camp.  I just didn't think I'd have it in me...but I made it, kicked butt at the 5:45am class and made it home to really enjoy some oatmeal for breakfast.

And then this happened.  I put on a skirt I haven't worn in months...and it fit better than it ever has before.  True story.  

It was this boost and burst of energy and excitement that totally beats any feeling I've had yet about losing weight.  Gosh, I constantly struggle with the emphasis on body image.  I know that what is on the inside far outweighs (no pun intended) the shape of my outside...but there is something about seeing the changes and getting excited about it.  There is something that brings me joy, optimism, hope and a sense of reward for all that I've been working at.  It's like when I looked in the mirror it was like stepping on the scale from the Special K commercial and receiving words not just of praise but of new ways to see myself.  

So, yeah, just wanted to share that.  (Because on the day when the scale doesn't move, or it goes up...then I'm may need to relive today.)  

And here's the blurry selfie...


Until the next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment