Thursday, January 23, 2014

146.2

The alarm goes off.  

I start to think of the barefoot walk to the scale.
  
The snooze button is pressed. 

The alarm returns....

I begin to wonder what the numbers on the scale will be today. 

The snooze button is pressed. (again)

On weigh-in days, what draws me out of bed is knowing that I'll get some time to stretch, pray and work my core in the Sunrise Yoga class.  

I did make it out of bed and onto the scale.  

Another .8 pounds gone.  

My total weight loss at this point is 8.8 pounds.  But better than the numbers is how I've been feeling lately.  Clothes that were tight are not so tight anymore...I tend to miss the days I don't get some cardio under my belt...and my legs are all sorts of muscly...I've also noticed that I feel stronger when I run. 

That is just gravy....although I haven't had actual gravy in a while...  

I'm looking forward to a 5K run this weekend.  Last year it was my first run after being out of running for 3 months due to Achilles tendinitis.  I feel that this January I'm in much better shape than I was a year ago and as my 40th birthday is approaching I'm happy to feel this way.  

In the next week or so I'll get a body fat analysis at the gym (it's a freebie this month as part of a fundraiser for St. Jude).  I had one done last year when I started checking out the gym, so it will be an interesting comparison.  

We'll see how the next few weeks go, weight loss wise.  I'm working on losing at least 1.2 more pounds.  Bring on the food diary and fun gym workouts.  

The reward for a good weigh-in?  A tasty panini with brie and raspberry preserves for lunch today and a trip to the thrift shop tomorrow for some new pants and sweaters.  

Thanks for reading.

Until the next weigh-in....or post.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment