Monday, December 4, 2017

156.4

.2 pounds = my loss for each of the last two weeks
.2 pounds = feels like double digits when I think about his past week.  

This week was a tough one as I knew it would be.  This week included two trips to Hershey - one with lunch at Hotel Hershey and tasting some sweet desserts...


The next trip to Hershey was to tour and dine at Tröegs.  The food was delicious, as usual, but the brews...they seemed to taste better than normal - probably because I hadn't had a beer in several weeks.  What a nice treat!  

Saturday included back-to-back celebrations and gatherings.  From a 50th wedding anniversary celebration to an annual cookie swap.  Both events were filled with joy, smiles and of course tasty beverages and food.  
Here are the lemon rosemary shortbread I made for the swap:


Home on Sunday for lunch, Billy and I enjoyed home freshly cooked venison tenderloin with a side salad with homemade lemon vinaigrette.  (After using only zest in the cookies, we have many lemons in need of consumption.) 



With three days of feasting, I wasn't really sure how the overall week would turn out.  The other important addition to this past week where my daily trips to the gym.  I went 6 days in a row.  I stepped it up on the length of cardio and did 3 spin classes.  I know that the physical activity helped in a huge way.  I'm thankful for the change on the scale, no matter how slight.  

I'm ready for a run this morning and another week of regular workouts.  Strength training and perhaps a new class at the gym will also be part of this week's adventures.  

I'm thankful, yet again, that this is something Billy and I are pursuing together.  It would be much tougher on my own.  And thank you, for following along with words and prayers of support.  

Be well...


No comments:

Post a Comment