Monday, December 11, 2017

155.8

The numbers continue to drop.  (She breathes a sigh of relief.)  

When this year began, I chose the word 'focus' as my one word.  That word took on different shapes throughout the year.   From family, to one aspect a day, to reading, to working out, and as the year is winding down, it's back to diet and exercise.  The positive outcome of focusing on diet and exercise is that it is making a difference.  Despite the time of year, the numbers on the scale continue to go down.  At this point, while I miss pizza and good crusty home baked bread with butter, I'm not sneaking off to get some everyday.  I am thinking that pizza may be my New Year's Day treat, though... But seriously, because I have been logging food and workouts, I'm more apt to think about what I'm eating and why.  I'm more apt to not snack on a cookie, but reach for an apple or a cheese stick or a hard boiled egg.  
So, it's working.  
The downfall, that I realized last night while sharing my highs and lows, is that this seems to take up lots of room in my head and my heart.  Yes, I know when you focus on something, it takes up more space in your day to day life, but I often wonder what else could or should be filling that space and time.  But the other positive is that I am able to share my journey and experiences with others, which I hope helps model a life (in progress, of course) with a healthy focus. 

The new recipe for the week came from the cookbook, Run Fast, Eat Slow, by Shalane Flanagan and Elyse Kopecky.  There are so many tasty treats in here.  This week I made the fig & pig quiche.  


Also, I really like figs.  The quiche was super tasty and I even worked some whole wheat flour into the crust.  

We brought back zucchini lasagna this week....a new house favorite.  So many layers of cheese, veggies, meat and homemade sauce!  


In other news, I'm working on my word for 2018....with prayer, discernment and some reading, I think the word is coming into view.  Updates to come.  
My goal, weight-wise this week, is to maintain, not gain.  I have been thankful for the decrease in numbers each week, but never know what the week will bring especially with 3 work lunches this week.  

Have a great week.  Until the next post, be well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment