Monday, December 18, 2017

155.6

Here we are again, fresh off the scale.  

I'm learning more and more how important slow and steady is.  Another .2 pounds down.  I know it's a fraction of a pound, but it is making a difference.  

I have to say that this past week my body has begun to feel and look a little different.  I am beginning to see the weight loss in my face and around my obliques.  There is a little more room in my jeans and I'm feeling good about myself. (not that I wasn't before, but with results come encouragement and positive reinforcement.) 

This past week included beginning the 12 Days of Fitness - a butt-kicking 12 day full body workout.  Just like the song, the 12 Days of Christmas, each day you add something new.  

Today I will complete 7 stair climbers, 6 pushups, 5 star jumps, 4 burpees, 3 minute bridge, 2 mite wall squat and a 1 minute plank.  Good times, friends, good times.  

This has been a good new thing for me.  It pushes me outside of my comfort zone and is working muscles that I have not challenged for a while.  It's wild that in the last 3 days, I've already seen improvement in the wall squat.  And by improvement I mean that now my legs don't start shaking until some where in the middle of the second minute.  

The eye opener for me is that my upper body needs some attention.  As a solid cardio girl, I neglect core strengthening and upper body strength training.  That will be a goal for me in the new year.  I know, looking back, that I was running strong and fast when I was doing a combination of running, boot camp classes and yoga.  It's just a matter of working those different workouts into the weekly schedule.  

Food wise, I feel like eating healthier is becoming more habit.  Again, I miss some treats from time to time, but in the beginning I felt restricted, but now I focus on the good stuff I can eat.  It's happening...there is a transition.  It takes time.  I'm thankful that in the time it has taken thus far, that there has been a steady decline and I have good support at home and at work.  

Until the next post, be well, friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment