Monday, November 27, 2017

156.6

With a .2 lb drop from last week (including Thanksgiving) and I'll take it!  

At this point, there are two goals out there for me.  I am still aiming to lose another 6-7 pounds.  I am, however, very aware of how eating changes during the holidays. Often there are cookies around, or a gathering with tasty treats that wouldn't normally be part of my daily diet.  With that in mind the most prominent goal between now and New Year's Day is Maintain Not Gain.  

I've jumped on this before with a program through my gym and it's a good one.  It takes into account the increased food options and gatherings and the reality that I do not need to strictly stay away from all things celebratory, but it does help me continue working toward my goal.  Would I love to lose a few pounds before the new year begins?  Sure, I would, but I'm not going to stress out over it.  

As a Pastor, the season of Advent brings its own busyness.  I don't need to add the worry of weight loss to it as well.  But speaking of Advent, a season where we prepare our hearts and our homes for the coming of the Christ child, I can think about preparing my body for the upcoming year.  My body, a gift from God, needs proper nutrition and care to function at it's best.  After hearing that I was in the process of losing weight, several folks have come up to me to say that it isn't necessary.  I appreciate the positive comments, but I know how my body feels.  A few pounds lighter and running and fitness classes just feel better to me.  

We now move into phase two of South Beach....which means fruits are back!  Also, carbs are reintroduced in the form of whole grains and in moderation.   Billy and I have already been eating well over the last two weeks.  We are looking forward to Taco (salad) Tuesday, but also the Christmas trip to Chocolate World and Hotel Hershey on Thursday.  We'll do our best and continue to eat as best as we can, especially when we are in charge of our own meals.  When the meals are out of our hands, we will enjoy in moderation.  

In the spirit of a post Thanksgiving post, I'm thankful for this space to share this journey with all of its ups and downs.  

Be well, friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment