Wednesday, March 1, 2017

164.2

I weighed in this morning, right before a bowl of oatmeal and a 5 mile run.

As I focus more on diet and exercise this month, I am happy to report that on day one, I got up when the alarm went off and ran before heading into the office.

Day one = check, well the exercise part at least.  I've also logged my food today using the My Fitness Pal app.  It's been a while since I've logged in, but I'm back in the game.

While the goal for this month is a healthier and stronger body, I will be checking the scale from week to week.  Weekly weigh-ins have worked for me in the past, so it will be part of my fitness journey again.

In addition to becoming healthier and stronger, I'm super excited about running again.  Another part of my goal this month is to become a more well rounded runner.  That means adding specific stretching, strength training and cross training that will be beneficial to my running days.  

After hearing about 10 Minute Cross-Training for Runners on a Runner's World podcast, I realized it would be a good purchase for me.  This DVD has 5 different 10 minute workouts to help you transition from your run to the next part of your day.  I realize that in addition to the super quick stretching and infrequent foam rolling, I need to step up my post run game.  10 minutes at the end of a run will mix things up, help with strength, flexibility and recovery time.  (I'll let you know how those 10 minutes go.)

I also registered for my first duathlon.  I did my first triathlon last summer and LOVED it!
The Life is Good Peace Valley Duathlon seems like a good race.  I'm going for the long race...5K, 11 mile ride, 5K.  I know I have those distances in me.  I am looking forward to incorporating longer rides into my workout schedule as solid cross-training days that will mix up the muscles I'm using.

I feel like there is another triathlon in my future as well, it's just not official yet.

It's 9:30ish...and I'm done for the day....tomorrow I'll take some time to reflect on worship this evening.  

Until tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment