Friday, January 28, 2022

Hoppy Dry January!

Hey all...before beginning the 100 Day Dress Challenge 21 days ago, I started off the year with Dry January. I have not had any alcohol since New Year's Eve. My running coach invited the squad that she coaches to try this out for a month. I figured, I could do a month. The biggest reason for taking on this change was because of how alcohol impacts my body, especially as a runner. I wanted to see if removing alcohol from my diet would have any impacts on my day to day life.  It has. 

I have noticed it most in my sleep habits. Falling asleep at night has come much more quickly than it has in the past. Now, there are still some stressful days that run through my mind when my head hits the pillow, but my body is tired, so it wins out over the mind.  

I've also noticed sleeping more soundly through the night.  

I've been waking up (regularly) before my alarm goes off in the morning. I don't necessarily get out of bed earlier...but when the alarm goes off, I'm ready to get up.  I'm far less groggy in the morning.  

That being said, I believe my body is recovering from runs better, because my sleep has improved. Win. Win. 

I've decided, moving forward with training for another ultra distance run in the future, that the weeks just prior to the race I will be alcohol free.  

I do like a beer now and again, and between Christmas and New Year's Eve Billy and I bottled up some homemade Malbec, so there will be some imbibing in the future, but I'm glad to have made this change. 

I did, earlier in the week sport my hops scarf and earrings.  ðŸ˜‰

Still working on less creepy eyes in the dress challenge selfies...can't win 'em all!  

Here are the other fun outfits from this week: 
The day my sweater matched my book.  



The day I pulled out tights from the 'costume' box because they went with the necklace. 

The day I finally took down the Christmas lights (and got caught up on the Book of Boba Fett after spoilers in a text from my mom. Womp. Womp.) 
Look, mom, I'm wearing the scarf you made! It's a perfect fit with the dress. Love you!


Until the next post...

#100daydresschallenge
#wool&




 


No comments:

Post a Comment