Thursday, January 6, 2022

2022 - Discover

 New year, new word. 

Last year was a tough one, but what I realize looking back is that it involved a tremendous amount of growth.  It opened up new opportunities.  Opportunities that were hard, fun, scary, challenging and new.  When you're in the middle of an experience, it's hard to see how it's actually impacting you and most likely transforming you.  

Looking at the year ahead, I will be diligently on a journey of discovery.  

Taking a moment each day to think about something I've discovered...a new place, a new skill, a new insight, a new favorite flavor of ice cream...you name it.  

It will be a good word, not just for myself, but also for my call at Trinity.  As we are in a year (plus) of transition, who knows what we discover...about ourselves, about our faith, about God's call for us in this place and beyond these walls.  

I truly believe there is much for us to discover.  

My first intentional opportunity to discover will begin on Saturday as I begin the 100 Day Dress Challenge.  To read more about it, check out 100 Day Dress Challenge by wool& 

Why this challenge and why this year?  

Truth be told, one of the key reasons is because I've definitely been suffering from decision fatigue.  All the decisions that surround this pandemic and the way it impacts the church I serve and the community around us has called this congregation and its leaders to make difficult decision after difficult decision.  Thinking about care of myself and family just adds to the decision making to the point that I don't even like deciding what is for dinner anymore.  (Isn't that a sad truth?)

So, I'm hopeful that by not having to decide what to wear for 100 days will free up a little head space and decision making space for other more important things.  

I'm sure there will be other discoveries as the 100 days pass, and I'll share those as they come.  This will be the place where I submit all my daily photos.  I feel like remembering to post the photos may be the hardest part of this challenge.  

My dress arrived today. I tried it on and I am good to begin on Saturday.  



Let's do this.  


No comments:

Post a Comment