Monday, February 12, 2018

152.4: Birthday & olympics & fastnachts, oh my!

Even with a week of celebrations and travel, a few pounds were dropped this week.  

I'm not sure that I saw that coming and truth be told, I would have been okay maintaining this past week, but I'm thankful for this change in numbers.  I definitely think that a few things helped this past week.  

1. I've maintained a steady increase in my cardio work at the gym.  I'm up to about an hour 5 days a week.  I've been mixing that up between the elliptical, treadmill and stationary bike/spin class.  I've also mixed up the paces and types of workouts like hills or speed intervals.  

2. I logged my food an exercise 4 times last week.  Yes, there has been a time when I was militant about logging every minute of exercise and every ounce of food, but I have been less than regular in my posting.  My goal for this month is to log at least 4 days a week, so with that in place, last week I did.  

3. Exercise first, take on the rest of the day later.  Knowing that my work schedule is different every day, taking time to workout first thing is the best thing for me.  While I'm still aiming to get into an evening yoga class this month, I can't bank on my evening schedule allowing for that.  First thing in the morning is my time to get my exercise in and therefore clear my head and heart for the day. 

And now, breakfast and the gym....to work off these from yesterday. 


I only had two....plus several holes :)

Have a great day, everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment