Monday, August 27, 2012

smile and wave, boys (& girls) smile and wave

 
First off....a picture from yesterday's ride:
 
 


That was at the end....and hopefully not too close up that you can see the sweat!  A good time was had by all and we all made it back in one piece!  (huzzah!)

I must share with you my highlight of the day for today.  It happened this morning on my run.  I was in my new shoes (which made me happy) and my pace was rockin' (which made me happy) but when I made it down the big hill and started to see the school traffic, I was SUPER happy to get a smile from one youth....and a wave and a shout-out from another youth!  That totally made my day.  I can't express how happy those moments make me....and how in those little moments I feel so happy to be here in at Trinity.  I love being a part of this community! 

I hope that all folks out there are able to find those little moments of joy each and every day.  I know that each of us face challenges in life....even in the good times, there are moments when we struggle or grieve or worry or stress out.....and that's okay.  But be reminded of this, that God is present in those moments with you....that you are not alone...and that a great cloud of witnesses surrounds you and walks with you each day.  So look for those little moments of joy everyday.....and put them in a place (in your heart of mind) that you can recall them when you need them....and find someone to share them with, too....and take time each day to laugh and love and be a part of this great community. 

I pray that the first day back for students, faculty, support staff and all others in our community in vocations that provide safe spaces for our youth to grow went as smoothly as possible.  Blessings to you all in the upcoming year: in the classroom, on the field, on the stage, on the court, in your homes, in the hallways and in this year of life! 

+paz

No comments:

Post a Comment