Sunday, April 22, 2012

epic moments.

It's been a few days since my last post...

I can say that with the warm weather that we've been having it's been great to see people out and about walking, running, biking and working around their yards.
It was great to see Trinity folks on the trail a few days ago...and random Trinity folks out walking in town and around the neighborhood.

I enjoyed being outside in the flower/herb garden alongside my house on Friday morning as I tackled the weeds and met a few spiders while clearing space for some basil, parsley, thyme, oregano, Thai basil and chives.  It feels great to walk out and see the changes in that space.  There is still more work to be done, but with a good dent in the weeds, it feels great to see the space change shape.  I am also super thankful that I had the opportunity to get things planted before the rains came in yesterday and today.  I only had to water the plants a few times.

Today the gospel was proclaimed in worship as the youth presented The Amazing Grace Race.  They did a fine job singing and teaching us about God's amazing grace that encompasses us all along our life journey.

After worship we had a Parent/Youth Summit.  A handful of parents and youth stayed after worship and
shared some lunch, then the youth headed to one room, and the parents to another and each group talked about youth ministries and activities at Trinity.

Two hours later...the adults kept checking in on us.  We (I was with the youth) talked, laughed, shared experiences and ideas about life and the church and the role the church and their faith plays in their lives.  They were honest and full of ideas and suggestions.  They thought about service, building relationships, having fun, meeting new people, bringing in friends and were just able to be themselves.  It was an epic experience for me.  I'm excited and energized about thinking about the future of youth ministry at Trinity. With the help and commitment from this group of youth I pray that we will reach out to others and create more times and spaces for the youth to learn, grow and deepen relationships with God and with one another.

Bring it.
We're ready.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment