Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Noon Devotion: April 1

Live Stream Devo
Wednesday, April 1
Psalm 119:103-105

Welcome to our noon time devotional. 
We begin this day with a reading from Psalm 119,

How sweet are your words to my taste,
   sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Through your precepts I get understanding;
   therefore I hate every false way.
Your word is a lamp to my feet
   and a light to my path.

On Monday morning I headed out for a run.  I don’t know how well you remember Monday morning, but it was a foggy one.  I donned my headlamp and my light up, blinky vest and sported my not so neon green windbreaker.   Even with traffic being lighter on the roads these days, I still want to be seen. 

After weaving through Fry Manor, I headed up Big Spring Road.  Every once in a while, I tackle that hill.  Monday was one of those once in a whiles.   As I turned the first corner, coming out of the wooded section, the fields were white.   Not with snow, just with fog.  It’s like the fields disappeared and all there was light.  Both sides of the road were just like this.  It was quiet.  It was eerie, even. 

Then I looked straight ahead.  The same thing. The road just disappeared in front of me, into the fog.  I knew the road kept going and knew I just needed to keep plugging along and part of me had a little sigh of relief because sometimes is nicer not to be able to see the hill in front of you. 

So I kept going.  Looking off to either side it was still that foggy white brightness. 
Then up ahead I thought I saw trees, but they weren’t clear just yet. 
A few steps later, I the trees became clearer, even though the views to the left and the right were still foggy, the view up ahead was beginning to take shape. 
Yes, I thought, those are trees.  And yes, oh dear, that is the hill I have yet to ascend. 
I made it up the hill.

As I entered the neighborhood up on that hill the houses took shape as I got closer.
And the road continued to lead me on my way. 

There is something about not being able to fully see where you are going, not in a dangerous way, but in a way that leaves us feeling uncertain. 

I don’t know about you, but now is one of those times for me. 
Right now, I’m planning out one day at a time.  Because I’m not sure what next week will bring, let alone tomorrow.   But I do know this, that we are called to continue our lives and our faith journeys in the midst of all of this. 

We may not know where we are headed, but we can know, for certain that God is with us every step of the way.  Guiding, guarding and loving us each and every step.  As we continue this journey of life together we do so trusting God’s presence and love in our lives.

As the road continued to lead me safely through my run, I pray that each of you have a practice or reminder that reminds you that God’s word, God’s presence is the guiding force in your life this day and all days.  I pray that you have a habit or a practice that reminds you that God is with you through this journey.  Maybe it is morning devotions with your family.  Maybe it is a cup of coffee as you continue to read the 21-Day Love Devotional.  Maybe it is tuning in at noon for this livestream.  Maybe it is reading your Bible, texting a friend a prayer or messaging someone from church.  Whatever it is, stick with it.  May our daily practices help us to see the path set before us and guide us on our way. 

We are on this journey together, with God and with one another. 

Amen.    

And now for a few announcements:
All live streams happen at Trinity Robesonia on Facebook 
Live streams continue at noon Monday-Friday.
Holden Evening Prayer will be live at 7:30 tonight. 
Sarah’s choir will stream live on Thursday at 6:15. 
Sunday worship is at 9am, you are invited to make your own palms for Palm Sunday. 

A reminder that we are under a shelter in place order.  Please stay home and stay safe.  We will not be receiving donations of goods until that order is lifted, because we will not be able to fill and deliver Easter bags until we can gather a group of volunteers.  We will let you know when that will be. 

The church office remains closed.  We are able to check email and voicemail messages. 
Please reach out if you are in need of anything, conversation, food or prayer.  We can help you. 

Let us pray…
O God, you have called your servants to ventures of which we cannot see the ending, by paths as yet untrodden, through perils unknown. Give us faith to go out with good courage, not knowing where we go, but only that your hand is leading us and your love supporting us;
This day we lift up to you those who are still working, especially those in health care, public safety and those who help supply food.
Hold us all in your care this day and all days.
Remember us in your kingdom as you have taught us to pray,

Our Father, who art in heaven.
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil,
For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory,
Forever and ever, amen. 

And now may the Lord bless you and keep you,
May the Lord’s face shine upon you with grace and mercy,
May the Lord look upon you with favor and give you peace. 
Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment