Thursday, December 19, 2013

151.6

It's been a good week.  One with several eye opening experiences.

Firstly, I have to say (without naming people) that I'm not alone on this weight loss journey.  I've received so many words of encouragement alongside words of understanding and struggle as well.  It's these voices that have helped me get out of the bed a few times this week, to get to the gym. So, thanks y'all for that!  I hope that I can pair up with some of these folks for walks or talks or just general support.

Logging my food intake every day (while I was a bit obsessive about it at the beginning) has been super helpful.  With that as a guide, I've become more reliant on my measuring cups and measuring spoons....I now know what 1 cup of cereal looks like in one of my bowls.  And one serving of salad dressing is much less than I normally use.

I did realize that after logging a meal at a local restaurant that - wow - the meal there was about 950 calories in itself.  Crazy, right?  And I took a small portion of meatloaf...and didn't have any rolls with butter.  (I did have some apple pie, though.)  I think the chef's salad will be my go to meal there for a while.

I am happy with the weight loss this week and am aiming for a 1-2lb loss per week.  My guess is that this week was a big week because I made many changes.  Dropping alcohol and excessive sweets made a big difference.  I've also been better with my water consumption.

I also splurged this week on two different types of Fiber One cereal.  Woohoo!

My goal for this week is to keep my fiber intake up.  (per the doc's orders)

And now for bed.  (With the increase of cardio/gym time I've also been sleeping better.) bonus.

Thanks for reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment