Thursday, February 3, 2011

slick steps...

So I have to admit that, even with the sketchy weather, I have been out and about checking out the local scenery.  I was definitely inspired by many pictures posted by friends.  I just use my cell phone for pictures, so sometimes they amaze me and other times, they are alright.  Since the trains are becoming a regular sound in my daily life, I thought I would catch a shot of the silent tracks. 



And their warning...


I had the chance to chat with many shovelers...some who warned me about walking in the street...some who were pleased with their shoveling and some who were swearing their way through the driveway...(grumble, grumble) All in all yesterday was a pleasant day...only interrupted by crunching and falling ice.  After a few chunks of ice fell of a wire near me, I think I flinched for the rest of the walk and avoided walking under the wires when I could :) 

I am thankful that I didn't loose power during this storm, but was reminded of times in the past when I have...times when the house has been colder than normal, and missing hot water....I was reminded to lift up those in prayer for whom this winter and these recent storms have been burdensome, life-threatening or hazardous.  I'm also thankful for organizations that can come to the aid of those in need. 

You can imagine my joy this morning when I captured this sight.  A new day.  A new beginning. 
A fresh start...and the warmth of the sun...a whole new beginning...thanks be to God.


+paz

No comments:

Post a Comment