Monday, August 15, 2016

Week one = done.

Last week was the beginning of marathon training.  It was a challenge to kick off on vacation. I wanted to stay up late and watch the meteor showers each night but that made early morning sunrises and runs tricky.  
The bonus? Cross training day wa splaying in the lake.  

Here are a few snapshots from last week:

Day one- 40 min jog.  


Speed day: a view of my last 400m sprint. 


And my first long run in a while - 7 miles on a hot and humid morning.  This was my cool down. 


Back home again means some healthier eating and a return to a regular sleep schedule.  These are all good things for marathon training.  

A week away with family with laughter, late nights, great food, sunrise filled mornings and space to just be me...well, that is just what my body and soul needed in general. 



No comments:

Post a Comment