Wednesday, February 20, 2013

evil


Today's word: evil.

I had a hard time with this one.

Part of the reason is because I was thinking about my homily for worship this evening....and the theme was Create in us....Peace.  We handed out stones....and my homily focused more on our own anger...and how we need to let go of that so there is room in our hearts for peace.

I'll probably post the homily tomorrow.

But I was so focused on anger....evil seemed to slip my mind.

But here's the picture for the day:



Here are the stones that we left at the foot of the cross.....but there are still some in the basket....some were taken home, as a reminder that there will and are times when we will be angry....but we're not alone in it.  God is ready to hear about our anger....ready to receive it....and remain with us in the midst of it.

When I think about evil...I think about the times when we keep that anger penned up and turn to violence or turn in on ourselves instead of offering the anger and the frustration up to God....

My prayers this day are for those who struggle with anger...and for those who do not feel as if they can express it, or do not have safe places to let go of it.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment