Thursday, June 16, 2011

in a nutshell...

This week I have been living and breathing Godspell. 
Don't get me wrong, the performances this weekend will be great...in the meantime, it is impacting many of my waking and perhaps sleeping hours, too.  I've been working on preparing for the high school beach retreat this coming week...but it's been tough, I mean, just look at my desk:


A work of art? No?  I can see several containers to promote hydrating and caffeinating along side of multiple planning and study books.  I guess I'm truly passionate about what I do here :) 

But, not to worry...also today, I put 3 weeks of vacation on my calendar and the church calendar.  While the past few weeks have been busy ones (resulting in the desk above) I do look forward to some time to breathe, bike, catch my breath and just be.  The funny thing is, is that in the midst of the business, the full schedule and the back to back activities...I am still seeing God in everyday moments.  In the grace of a thank you note, in the word of love spoken by a parent to their at the confirmation service, in the times of transition and change, and as we gather as community around the Lord's table. 

I am continually thankful that we share in the Lord's Supper every week.  What a reminder of grace and love from God who created us, calls us to be who we were created to be and live out our lives in the world around us, sharing that grace and love in the midst of our every day lives. 

May God continue to bless us and strengthen one another as the desks get fuller....and provide us breathing space, as well...that we may be ready for God's ongoing mission in the world around us. 

+paz

No comments:

Post a Comment