Sunday, April 24, 2022

100 Day Dress Challenge - Recap

Well friends, I've officially completed the 100 day dress challenge.  I finished on Easter Sunday.  I had high hopes of posting this earlier in the week, but ended up taking time to zone out, sleep, and just be for a few days.  I definitely needed that after an amazing Holy Week and Easter weekend.  It was all good, it just took a lot out of me and I needed to re-group....with some solid alone time.  

After sharing my photos with wool& for proof that I completed the challenge, I received my $100 gift card within 24 hours.  (Very impressive response time. Good stuff!) 

With that gift was a link to an online survey which included the following question, which took me forever to answer, by the way. 

What was your biggest takeaway from this challenge?  

It took me forever to answer this question because it was hard to narrow down just one take away. But after thinking about it for a while, I came up with the following response:

My biggest takeaway was in discovering (or rediscovering) who I have been for the last 100 days.  After looking through the 100 photos I remembered days that I felt brave, strong, full of joy and confident. I also remembered days that I felt sad, worn down, stressed out and emotionally drained.  

For me, the pictures helped me to see (again) who I really am.  I am all of those things, and then some. To be reminded of my own depth and complexity is not something that I realized would be revealed through the simple act of wearing the same dress every day. 

This challenge provided insight into myself.  


I think that says it all. 

Also, I should add that day 101 - stayed in my pajamas the whole day. That's Easter Monday for a clergy person. 

Day 102 - after my run, I was back into comfy leggings.

Day 103 - back in the office and back in the dress.  


It will definitely be a go to outfit for me moving forward.  So easy to accessorize, works perfect with clerics and you can wear it so many times without needing to wash it.  

Speaking of washing, during the challenge, I did some spot washing, by just rinsing with water and hanging it dry.  I did wash it in the kitchen sink either 7 or 8 times with Woolite. After the challenge, I tossed it in the washing machine with other stuff on a cold cycle...and it's come out just fine.  That means, moving forward, it can be part of the regular laundry when needed.  Good stuff. 


All in all, this was a cool experience.  Thanks for following me on this journey. Here are the last five days of photos.


The dress as a shirt with a favorite skirt.


Some shenanigans while celebrating with the First Holy Communion Class. 


Egg Hunters means the whip cream challenge in the dress.


Holy Saturday...and one day more.


Easter Sunday...Christ is risen and the challenge is complete!


Until the next post...
#wool&
#100daydresschallenge


No comments:

Post a Comment