Sunday, June 12, 2022

Discovering areas for growth...

Hey oh, I finished another fun wool& challenge.  This time it was 30 days. Here are a few of my favorite photos.  







Upon completing this challenge and looking through the photos, I was able to see what I was feeling about myself.  I wasn't loving myself in my own skin.  Over the past two years I have definitely gained weight and I haven't focused on active weight management.  
And so, I decided it's time.  
I reached out to a friend (we worked together at camp in the 90's) who is a registered dietitian and set up my first appointment.  I did so, because I know this is an area in my life that I need guidance, support and accountability for making changes in my nutrition and diet. 

After my first appointment I was tasked with the following:
Creating a weekly menu (following menu ideas in regards to portion size and veggie intake) and making notes on the menu about what I actually ate.  
Continue daily hydration goal of 90+oz a day
Look into adding strength training to my cardio workouts.

One week in and here is what I have discovered.
1) I have eaten more veggies in the past week than I have in the last several weeks.  (go figure)
2) Eating lunch everyday is a good thing.  
3) Eating ample meals has helped me feel well fed all day long.  
4) Keeping track of my daily food intake helps keep me on track.
5) I have not (yet) tackled strength training...
6) I have not been perfect, but what is perfect anyway?  Especially when it comes to adjusting what I hope becomes a long term transition in how we eat.  

I'll keep you posted as to how this continues to pan out.  Again, my long term goal is to feel good in my body...and feel good about training for my next 50 mile race.  (Week one of training began this week, btw, so good timing all around.  

Thanks for reading. 
Until the next post...




No comments:

Post a Comment