Thursday, August 2, 2018

Hey August, how you doin?

And here begins a month with two separate areas of focus. 
The first, back into the wholehearted journey.  Last month...coming off the gathering, enjoying VBS and a week at camp (no excuses, really) I didn't focus on the guidepost of Play and Rest.  Well, I guess I got plenty of play with VBS and camp.  I rested when I was sick...But I had not intentionally focused on it.  I've decided to revisit this focus in November. 

This month is all about cultivating calm and stillness and letting go of anxiety.  

My hopes/practices for this month are as follows:
Read & journal - While it's not total stillness, it brings me a sense of stillness and calm and takes me away from mind numbing games on my phone.  
Sit (phone free) with coffee - Listening to the birds in the morning, letting my mind roam, allowing by lungs to just breath is a sacred time and space for me.  
Yoga and/or home stretching - I have a book titled Stretch and Pray.  It's time to bring that back into practice to help with my flexibility and mediation/prayer life.  

Last night as I drifted off to sleep.  I repeated Psalm 46:10 with intentional breathing between each phrase.  

Be still and know that I am God.

Be still and know that I am.

Be still and know.

Be still.

Be. 

August is also known in my family as GSD (get stuff done) month.  It was termed by my brother-in-law (thanks, Sean!)  
So those projects include:

Gutting the pantry.  
Organizing the spare room so it contains space for our multiple hobbies - photography, quilting, music.  
Framing & hanging random artwork.  

Bring on August.  

I'll keep you posted on the stillness, calm and creating de-cluttered spaces.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment