Saturday, April 1, 2017

160 (no foolin')

Thinking about my word for the year...'focus' and I can't believe we're already into April.  

Where did the first 3 months of the year go?  

As I posted a few days ago, I will be focusing this month on rest and recovery.  

I am excited that looking at the last month and my weigh-ins using My Fitness Pal.  I lost 4 pounds in March.  I'm pumped! I have more weight to lose, but I am happy that the numbers are going down.  

I will say that since this month has the focus of rest and recovery I wonder how numbers will look on the scale week after week.  Yesterday I went to the gym and did upper body strength training.  
I will hit the gym twice next week for two days of more upper body work.  

Friday will be day 10 of active resting for me.  
I know, active resting sounds funny...but I am purposely not doing cardio for 10 days and taking it as easy as I can during the day.  

Here I am at the end of day 4 of 10.  I've had some aches each day, but none as bad as Tuesday.  I've been icing in the evenings and taking ibuprofen when I feel my shin ache.  At this point the pain has not gotten worse (a good sign) but also hasn't completely gone away.  

As the days of rest and recovery continue I'm looking forward to a month with reading, some coloring and maybe some sit down projects.  Today I tackled my sock drawer and with some sorting and some tossing...the drawer closes again!  Hooray!  

Oh...and I've also been getting 8+ hours a sleep a night and I think that has made the most difference.  

I think this month will be good, not just for my body, but my mind and soul as well.  

Until the next post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment