Tuesday, August 19, 2014

139.4

I realize it's been a while since I've posted about my weight.  

I received a few comments this week from folks noticing that I'm still losing weight.  

I'm happy to say, "thanks for noticing." And I quickly follow that with, "and I'm not trying to lose any more."  

I am, however, training for the Hartford 1/2 Marathon this fall.  I guess that the shift from running one day a week to 3 days a week makes a difference.  I injured my Achilles' tendon two years ago, so my training allows me to not run back-to-back days.  But I guess the shift in cardio and the gradual increase in mileage is making a difference.  

Truth be told, I feel great.  Adding yoga into training this time is making a huge difference, not to mention the time I spend with the foam roller.  (Good times.)

I've actually been eating more lately to make sure I'm getting the nutrition I need during training. If you're a friend or part of my faith community, you may notice that my meals are still on the smaller side and I may not have 3 cookies for dessert. I do, however, have several substantial snacks throughout the day as well. 

And if I'm being totally honest, there are Twinkies and poptarts in my pantry at the moment.  I try to keep those treats to a minimum, but sometimes I'm just in the mood for a snack that will never go bad. ;) 

So thanks for the continues support and know that this is still a journey for me.  I'm still tracking my food and exercise to keep an eye on it.  

Until the next post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment