Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Shift in focus.

I got up first thing this morning and hit up the treadmill at the gym for a run.  I debated 4ish miles.  As I got moving, I began to think that 3 miles would be a good run.  I felt the strength training from yesterday in my arms, chest and abs as I ran.  (A good ache.)  Also, the person on the treadmill next to me started coughing like crazy...so as soon as I hit 3, I was done.  

The weather forecast for this evening had the chance for some slick precipitation, so while my original plan was to hit the gym for a yoga class tonight, I changed my plan and focus for the afternoon/evening.  

I had a cup of tea, and found a good quiche recipe.  I thought I had seen a roasted butternut squash and goat cheese quiche recipe in Runners World...turns out it was a roasted butternut, caramelized onion and feta cheese frittata.  So I tweaked it.  

I found this recipe on Pinterest http://www.tasteandtellblog.com/quiche-recipe-butternut-squash-kale/ With no kale in the house and a desire to add goat cheese to a quiche, I adjusted the recipe and it came out fantastic.  The fact that I had made the crust ahead of time was a bonus.  


And in other news, I should make quiche more often....


Oh yeah, and since I was famished while it was cooking, I started with a salad.  It was a tasty and healthy homemade dinner.  When I focus on cooking, I enjoy the food I eat so much more.  I'm thankful for the shift in focus this afternoon.  
I also enjoyed having Zootoopia on in the background as I prepped dinner.  A great movie that I will watch a few more times at least.  The tears in the kitchen tonight came from some great scenes, not when I sliced the onion.  

I’m definitely feeling the muscle soreness from yesterday’s strength training….from chest, to shoulders, to tris and abs.  I'm glad I feel it in those muscles because that means I lifted correctly yesterday.  I'm glad that strength training is a focus for me right now.  


**PS….also slept like a champ last night, thanks to a solid strength workout and a bit of cardio yesterday.  My goal tonight is another solid night’s sleep.  My body is ready for bed…..and now I can hit the bed now that the Huskies have just won their 90th game in a row, to tie their old record!  Woo hoo!  

Good night everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment